Sunday, April 26, 2009

H1N1 Flu and a Timeline

I don't really know much about this, nor am I either an epidemiologist or a virologist. But, thankfully, others are.

If you go here, you will find a timeline for the seeming origin of the flu in Mexico, though no one really knows that for sure.

Real interesting reading.

I have terrible upper respiratory problems normally, so this is really quite scary for me, personally.

I'm supposed to cook at a big community event on May 9. I think I will be skipping that. A little too risky for me.

And within all this... politics. At every turn, the GOP is delaying Obama nominee Kathleen Sebelius from taking her position as head of Health and Human Services (HHS).

So, now having a national emergency pandemic potentially at our door, who is running the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)? A Bushie who spent most of his time in HHS more or less as an accountant.

Read more about the political situation, here.