Wednesday, March 25, 2009

All Kinds of News! Pick One!

Interesting news day though no wars began, no nukes went off...

I would suggest if you are at all politically savvy, shooting down the "pipe" straight to the "funny Bill O'Reilly news". I debated on what to call this. The runner up was the cultural hypocrisy news, but heh... The religious right should have a ball with this. eh-hem.

First, the good news:

  • The EPA put the bite on Mountain Top Removal coal mining. And about time! Read here, and here.
  • Sniffles was adopted, and looks like Skunkie may have a great prospect (not all adopters cut it!) as well! Go here to see these cuties (with nice music).
  • President Obama kicked butt last night in his presser.
The odd if not extremely weird liars news:
  • Just no explaining this from a certain Bishop of Nigeria and if you could have seen my head tilt in reading this...
We are especially concerned about those who are using large sums of money to lure our youth to see homosexuality and lesbianism as normative. We must consistently and faithfully teach about God’s commands on this ungodly practice and help those with such orientation to seek deliverance and pastoral counsel.

The tiring news:
  • [AKA The Bush-like phrasing nonsense news (warning... this is from She From The North)]:
"No, things have changed," she continued. "But complaining? Or whining? Absolutely not. But I am going to call it like I see it. It doesn't do any good to whine about any of this. But I can call it like I see it. Sometimes it gets me in a lot of trouble when I speak candidly, and I speak from the heart and I do such a thing. But I am going to."

(Necessary comment... heh: Right. This one never whines.)

The fun, happy news:
  • Well, ya just gotta read it, don't want to parrot it.
The interestingly phrased byline news:
  • Canada on Top in Sex Ed (actually, it is an interesting article)
The funny Bill O'Reilly news (perhaps I should have put this in the hypocritical category? Believe me, this is pretty dang interesting for oh so many reasons):


The just piss-you-off shameful sucking news:
  • And of course it involves Bobby Jindal, exorcist and governor (Grandmere, can't you do something about this politically useless fellow and get him out of our hair?).
The hypocritical news:
  • The shocking revelation that teleprompters are used by the very media folks criticizing President Obama for using... teleprompters! (warning: the added video below will make you laugh.. oh noes!)